Coming Soon! Astraware Jigsaw
Currently a work-in-progress, but more information will be available here as we get closer and closer to release!
Astraware Jigsaw will (all being well!) feature:
- Gorgeous pictures and artwork, hundreds of puzzles with dozens of themes
- Perfect play – will look and ‘feel’ just like playing with a real set
- Special features to help you play if you wish – hints, magic sorters, guides
- Fantastic to play right out of the box, but if you wish to tinker there’ll be oodles of options to tweak it just the way you want it!
- Kids, Adults, and Experts modes.
- A new Daily Puzzle to pick up and play every day, with themed artwork for special days
- Available on Apple and Android devices, and hopefully Macs and PCs too!
We’re choosing some of the most beautiful pictures that are available to include within the game!
Not only do we want the pictures to play with to be attractive, but they’ve also got to be high quality, varied and interesting, fit well within a grouping, be crop-able to an appropriate shape, and most importantly… make a good jigsaw!
This is harder than you might think – large flat areas of a solid shade or hue tend to be hard to play as jigsaws… and repeating patterns can be fun, but only if they still make it possible to uniquely identify where to place each piece. As with every project involving puzzles, it’s a lot more difficult than you’d imagine at the first step!
Artwork Choices and Contributors
We’re currently seeking artwork to use from a range of sources
- Artwork we’ve created ourselves (either digitally or by photographs)
- Artwork we’re commissioning from scratch from talented artists
- Artwork that has been deliberately made publicly available by individuals and groups
For more information on how we select the artwork (based on license), seek appropriate permission, and attribute everything within the game, see our Jigsaw Artwork Page .